gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Accessing GPSD Over the Network With systemd

From: Charles Curley
Subject: [gpsd-users] Accessing GPSD Over the Network With systemd
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 17:39:44 -0600

systemd syntax can be confusing....

To allow access to gpsd over the network, you need the -G option to
gpsd. In addition, with systemd, you have to hack gpsd.socket's
[socket] stanza, like so:

[Socket]
ListenStream=/var/run/gpsd.sock
# ListenStream=[::1]:2947
# ListenStream=127.0.0.1:2947
ListenStream=
ListenStream=2947
SocketMode=0600

This courtesy of
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42240757/access-gpsd-port-2947-over-network

--
"When we talk of civilization, we are too apt to limit the meaning of
the word to its mere embellishments, such as arts and sciences; but