gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD Client Connected to Remote GPSD - Unrecognized req

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD Client Connected to Remote GPSD - Unrecognized request "" when running gpsmon
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 17:12:54 -0700

Yo Joshua!

On Tue, 5 Jun 2018 18:46:13 -0400
"Joshua Quesenberry" <address@hidden> wrote:

> As mentioned in the original post, I've tried using gpsmon and cgps,

I'm confused, and I have not bothered to keep copies of your earlier posts.

Can you resend your complete setup in one message?

> both of which were installed fresh using apt-get.

gpsd does not supply or support anything that needs apt-get.  We can only
support our tar balls and git.  You are not using our software so it is
hard to support you.

 The command being
> run on the client is:
>
> sudo /usr/sbin/gpsd -N -n -D 2 -F /var/run/gpsd.sock
> gpsd://10.10.50.100:2947
>
> So isn't this the same situation as mentioned in the other post I
> listed? What you called master/slave?

Also, can you answer the question I have asked before?  Why are you
using -F and a remote device on the slave?  Why are you using -F and
a device on the master?  Those are very uncommon configurations that
lead to problems.

New question: why would you ever use master/slave?  It buys you nothing
that other configurations can't do better.  It has never worked well
as no one uses it.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588