gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Does GPSD support RTCM corrections via Internet?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Does GPSD support RTCM corrections via Internet?
Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 12:19:02 -0700

Yo Bo!

On Fri, 04 May 2018 20:54:27 +0200
Bo Berglund <address@hidden> wrote:

> THen I will have to look for a suitable GPS module for the roving
> vehicle. We plan on collecting data that needs to be tied to accurate
> locations.

Well, there's the rub.  To use PPK for 'accurate' location you have to
be unmoved for several minutes to several.  So if you are moving you
are stuck with RTK, which can still be 'accurate' to some level.  The
problem is that most RTK will not work well at faster than a walking
pace.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588