gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] problem with Stratum-1-Microserver HOWTO

From: Charles Muggen
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] problem with Stratum-1-Microserver HOWTO
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 22:47:56 +0100

Real quick, where does the "prefer" go?

I read this from https://docs.ntpsec.org/latest/driver_shm.html
refclock shm unit 0 refid GPS
refclock shm unit 1 prefer refid PPS

currently, my ntp.conf file reads like this. it's copied verbatim from the
HOWTO manual (except for the extra # on the pool):

# /etc/ntp.conf, configuration for ntpd; see ntp.conf(5) for help
# Prefer the precise clock at unit 1 over the imprecise one at unit 0.
# GPS PPS reference (NTP1)
refclock shm unit 1 refid PPS
# GPS Serial data reference (NTP0)
refclock shm unit 0 refid GPS
# Check servers
#pool us.pool.ntp.org iburst
# By default, exchange time with everybody, but do not allow configuration.
restrict default kod limited nomodify nopeer noquery
restrict -6 default kod limited nomodify nopeer noquery
# Local users my interrogate the NTP server more closely
restrict 127.0.0.1
restrict -6 ::1
# Drift file etc.
# Ensure that the directory exists, and is writable by whichever user
# the ntpd daemon runs as
driftfile /var/lib/ntp/ntp.drift
#end