gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] gpsmon wrong Cooked TPV coordinates

From: Fabián Inostroza
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gpsmon wrong Cooked TPV coordinates
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 19:32:41 -0300

Hi Gary,

Attached is a log of the NMEA sentences, the GPS is a SIM68M.

Regards.

Yo Fabián!

On Tue, 19 Dec 2017 18:51:23 -0300
Fabián Inostroza <address@hidden> wrote:

> I found that the coordinates shown by gpsmon in the Cooked TPV pane
> are wrong, also there are seem to be some formating issue, see the
> attached screenshot.
> This is with gpsd-3.17, gpsd-3.16 works fine.

Nice to know, but not enough for us to act on.

We run a large number of regression tests on every release, so this
must be an odd corner that we missed.

Also, when I just tried it, works for me.

Can you send us a copy of the NMEA, or GPS binary, that is being
wrongly deccoded?  Then tha problem is easy to fix, and with the
new regression test, can not re-occur.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588