gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] NTP1 keeps going away.

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] NTP1 keeps going away.
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 14:07:51 -0800

Yo stinga!

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 22:02:49 +0000
stinga <address@hidden> wrote:

> Using watch -n0.001 gpio readall I can see physical pin 18 changing,
> this is gpio5

Cool.  I forget, do you use the physical or the logical pin number
in the config.txt?

> I assume
> dtoverlay=pps-gpio,gpiopin=18

When in doubt, do not assum.  Look it up.

> address@hidden:~# ppstest /dev/pps0
> trying PPS source "/dev/pps0"
> found PPS source "/dev/pps0"
> ok, found 1 source(s), now start fetching data...
> time_pps_fetch() error -1 (Connection timed out)
> time_pps_fetch() error -1 (Connection timed out)

Which shows the physical pin not logically connected to the /dev/pps0

> So the gpio pin is pulsing, the pi is detecting it, but maybe there
> is some disconnect to the kernel?

Or the pps-gpio module, or the gps-gpio config.

> I think I am going to start again with the pi3 on a clean install.

And I like to compile pps-gpio into the kernel, not a module, to
avoid confusion.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588