gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Ublox EVK-M8T

From: George S.
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Ublox EVK-M8T
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 18:08:39 -0600

On 8/31/2017 3:40 PM, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:
Yo Denny!

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 22:30:45 -0700
Denny Page <address@hidden> wrote:

Looking back through the mailing lists, it seem that there have been
some issues with the Ublox M8T chips. Did these ever get sorted? Has
anyone successfully used the EVK-M8T work with gpsd?
I'm unaware of any outstanding issues with those chips.  ublox is a high
priority for us, give it a try.
Gary, I think I might know what he's talking about.  The T is the
version that is optimized for time service.  There was some talk on
this mailing list (I think) about enhancing gpsd to know about
the special features, but uBlox charges a hefty premium for the part
and I don't have one, so that never got done.

These folks are selling a breakout board for $78.

http://www.csgshop.com/product.php?id_product=240

It's better than $250 for the u-blox eval kit...

Denny, we're big fans of the uBlox chips here - I designed a device
around them once. We don't know of any issues when they're used as
location devices.  Can you be more specific?

--
George S.
MH Software, Inc.