gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Interfacing remote CORS stations data to improve GPSD a

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Interfacing remote CORS stations data to improve GPSD accuracy
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 11:07:38 -0700

Yo Christopher!

On Fri, 19 May 2017 11:56:51 -0500
Christopher Story <address@hidden> wrote:

> In looking at the man page for GPSD I’m not quite sure of the proper
> way to have GPSD access a local CORS data source for RTCM correction
> data in conjunction with the local GPS on a serial port..

gpsd does not do anything with RTCM data.  Very few GPS can use the
RTCM corrections at all these days.  The RTCM data is identical in form
and function to the WASS data, so modern GPS just use WAAS.

For the few GPS that still can use RTCM, you pass it to a secondary
serial port on the GPS.  Parallel to gpsd, not through gpsd.

> i see references to tcp://
>
> in my case i want to access Alabama DOT Cors data at
> tcp://205.172.52.26:13003
> is there an example of this string?

wget -O - http://205.172.52.26:13003

So to feed that to a really old RTCM GPS you would do:

wget -O /dev/ttyS1 http://205.172.52.26:13003

Assuming your second GPS serial port was on /dev/ttyS.

> This is my current string in PS listing...
>
> /usr/sbin/gpsd -N /dev/serial0

No need to run in the foreground, unless you are debugging.  And you
really want to be using the '-n' option.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588