gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Problem running on CentOS 7

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Problem running on CentOS 7
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2017 13:00:58 -0700

Yo Atul!

On Sat, 8 Apr 2017 10:44:15 +0530
Atul <address@hidden> wrote:

> On similiar Line, I am trying gpsd on ubutnu 16.04 LTS and what I get
> via apt installation, works fine when starts gpsmon and gpsd for a
> Garmin USB gps.

Good.

> But when I build this module ,

What module?  How built?

> I get no NMEA output
> as in previous case.

Garmin USB GPS never output NMEA.

> The output in this case is 3 rows ,one with
> version, 2nd with device and third with "watch" where I see NMEA as
> false.

Output of what?

> Looks like by default NMEA s false and it need to be set
> enabled before building it. Anyone know where I can mark them
> enabled ?

No point trying NMEA from a Garmin USB GPS.

> Sorry I am new to json and don't know if gpsd_json.xml would be right
> place, still tried but did not work. Any help is appreciated.

To know if json is right for you we need to know what you intend.

And long before you look at JSON, you need to get cgps to look
good.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588