gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD issues on Raspberry Pi running Raspbian

From: David J Taylor
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD issues on Raspberry Pi running Raspbian
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 09:32:23 -0000

Hi,

I am trying to setup a raspberry pi (model B rev 1.0) as a Stratum 1 microserver, and am following the procedure described in [1]. So far, I've had mixed results: while I've had to change some of the build commands [2], I have been able to build both gpsd and ntpsec on the raspi. The one issue blocking me right now is that I am unable to have gpsd output time notifications via shared memory (confirmed by ntpshmmon showing no output and ntpq -p showing a reach of zero for both gps and pps sources).
[]
Thanks in advance, and kind regards,
Pedro
===================================

Pedro,

You may find form useful notes here - using the reference implementation of
NTP.

 http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Raspberry-Pi-quickstart.html

More background and how it developed over time:

 http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Raspberry-Pi-NTP.html

I get excellent performance from a model B Raspberry Pi with gpsd/ntp:

 http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_raspi-1.php

Having it in an unheated cupboard undoubtedly helps!

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: address@hidden