gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Error when using remote gpsd as a source for local gpsd

From: B.W. Guffey
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Error when using remote gpsd as a source for local gpsd instance
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 14:06:48 -0400

On Sun, 2016-10-16 at 17:13 +0100, Carl Sutton wrote:
> How is Viking / Navit / gpxlogger accessing the data? is it by the
> json API?

Navit and gpxlogger do, Viking I assume does too but I'm not sure.

> if So, you can just map the port on your laptop to the port on the
> pi, that way it will always be 'gpsmon localhost:<port>'

That's a good solution actually.  If I can do it with a udev rule I'll
be golden :)

FWIW these lines stick out making me think the laptop's gpsd is sending
a corrupted command to the PI's gpsd (or vice versa)...

  gpsd:IO: => GPS: ?
  gpsd:IO: => GPS: WATCH={"raw":2,"pps":true}\x0d\x0a

                  ^
               No ?

Thanks for the help Carl!