gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] access to UBX-CFG antenna status via gposd

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] access to UBX-CFG antenna status via gposd
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 19:33:28 -0700

Yo tom!

On Tue, 13 Sep 2016 12:24:40 +1000
tom <address@hidden> wrote:

> i think i send you in the wrong direction (because i didn't
> understand it )

That makes two of us.

> UBX-CFG-ANT is just there to say that i am interested in the Antenna
> Short Circuit data (when it occurs)

How do you know when it occurs?  Or do you just have to poll a lot?

> Then the MON-HW message can then be polled and the reply will contain
> the Antenna Short Circuit flag.

OK.

> Your anwer is still useful because i think i can add the UBX-CFG-ANT
> to the startup and then i need to send a periodic MON-HW using gpsctrl

Plus add a decode for UBX-CFG-ANT.  You can look in driver_ubx.c
for how the other messages are decoded.  Adding a new decode is easy.

> How would i catch the MON-HW response data myself ? do i need to
> register a raw_hook using gps_set_raw_hook()  ?

I would just add the decoder in driver_ubx.c.  Then you'll get a nice
message.  Or just watch the raw sentences as they come back.  no need for
a raw hook.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588