gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] RPi Temperature measurement - was Re: Garmin 18X-5Hz

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] RPi Temperature measurement - was Re: Garmin 18X-5Hz
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 10:47:35 -0700

Yo George!

On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 08:43:26 -0600
George Sexton <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've done ambient temperature on a pi with a TMP 102:
>
> https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11931

I use the TEMPer, USB and $8:

http://www.dx.com/p/temper-usb-thermometer-temperature-recorder-for-pc-laptop-81105

Or a TEMPer2, with two sensors, $19:

http://pcsensor.com/usb-thermometer/temper2.html

I've never used the TEMPerHUM, $22:

http://www.pcsensor.com/usb-hygrometer/temperhum.html

I like the USB, rugged, ready out of the box.

> They'll give you a value for ambient temperature, but they're not
> going to be sensitive to workload on the CPU.

Yeah, not very speedy, and some measureable self heating.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588