gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Fedora 23 - why port is still taken when service is sto

From: Mike
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Fedora 23 - why port is still taken when service is stopped?
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 12:56:32 -0400

On 04/30/2016 07:43 AM, Askar Ibragimov wrote:
Hello,

I try to get gpsd running from command line to see the output. For some reason port is taken when gpsd is stopped:

address@hidden ~]# service gpsd stop
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl stop  gpsd.service
Warning: Stopping gpsd.service, but it can still be activated by:
  gpsd.socket

address@hidden sbin]# gpsd -D 5 -n -N /dev/ttyS0
gpsd:INFO: launching (Version 3.15)
gpsd:IO: opening IPv4 socket
gpsd:ERROR: can't bind to IPv4 port gpsd, Address already in use
gpsd:ERROR: maybe gpsd is already running!
gpsd:IO: opening IPv6 socket
gpsd:ERROR: can't bind to IPv6 port gpsd, Address already in use
gpsd:ERROR: maybe gpsd is already running!
gpsd:INFO: command sockets creation failed, netlib errors -1, -1

What could be the reason? GPSD starts ok if I use another custom port.

Cheers, Askar

systemctl stop gpsd.socket

Mike