gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] [gpsd-dev] 1PPS on the Pi - let's pool our knowledge.

From: David J Taylor
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] [gpsd-dev] 1PPS on the Pi - let's pool our knowledge.
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 14:16:15 +0100

From: Pete Nevill

If you are just interested in pps for time only you can use ntp without gpsd (can I say that on this thread?)
[]
Pete.

Yes, Pete, any server which is capable of providing the "seconds" will do, if you trust it and it is reliable, of course. NTP will work from the serial data sent by a NMEA source (such as your GPS), or any Internet server. You need to mark at least one server as "prefer". I use gpsd as programs such as cgps make it obvious that the GPS is doing what you expect.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: address@hidden