gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Field reports from Raspberry Pi GPS HAT users?

From: Jon Brase
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Field reports from Raspberry Pi GPS HAT users?
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 23:54:48 -0500

On Mon, 18 Apr 2016 23:50:41 -0500, Jon Brase <address@hidden> wrote:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2016 23:26:12 -0500, Eric S. Raymond <address@hidden> wrote:

Jon Brase <address@hidden>:
In any case, I'd strip systemd, which is what I did in the end. I'd actually dealt with all of the systemd-related GPSD configuration issues, but then found that it was hogging CPU. I Googled the issue, found it to be a common complaint for systemd across different architectures, replaced systemd with
sysvinit, and behold, no more CPU pegging.

Yeah, I believe that.  It sounds like a good idea not just on
performance but o complexity-reduction grounds - frankly I don't trust
any monster monolith like systemd as far as I can throw it. If I
"apt-get install sysvinit", will that back out systemd cleanly?

I followed the instructions here, minus the part about preventing apt from installing it in the future and the polkit stuff:

Gak, tried typing enter, control-V, and ended up hitting Ctrl-Enter, which is my mail client's "send message" shortcut.

Here's the link:

http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_remove_systemd_from_a_Debian_jessie/sid_installation

--
Jon Brase