gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] [gpsd-dev] ✘RTCM, DGPS and Skytraq

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] [gpsd-dev] ✘RTCM, DGPS and Skytraq
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 22:21:07 -0700

Yo Eric!

On Thu, 7 Apr 2016 00:47:21 -0400
"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:
> > Support for RTCM 3.1 and 3.2.  All RTCM 3 will pass-thru, some of it
> > is decoded to JSON.
>
> Nice.  Do we have test pairs for the new sentence types?

Yes, I grabbed a few minutes off the Stanford NTRIP 3.2 feed.  A lot
is not decoded, but all we really want is for the NTRIP to get passed to
the GPS untouched.

The Skytraq I have wants the NTRIP on its own serial port, so I feed the
data this way:

stty raaw speed 57600 < /dev/ttyUSB3
./ntripclient -s mgex.igs-ip.net -u gem -p XXXXXXXX -m STFU7 > /dev/ttyUSB3

Then the output on the other serial port shows DGPS.

So the NTRIP 3.1 passthru is not really tested yet.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588