gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Is GPSD receiving PPS?

From: Jon Brase
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Is GPSD receiving PPS?
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 21:18:26 -0600

On Tue, 08 Mar 2016 20:56:15 -0600, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:

Yo Jon!

On Tue, 08 Mar 2016 20:47:08 -0600
"Jon Brase" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Can you resend?  I was out of town when you first sent it and
> assumed someone else had answered it.

See below:

You neglected to send the sommand line that you used to start gpsd.

Actually, I supplied that back on the 4th, but here it is again:

init launches it with the following at boot:

gpsd -n /dev/ttyAMA0 /dev/pps0 -F /var/run/gpsd.sock

For runtime debug, I run:

~# gpsd -F /var/run/gpsd.sock -nND 5 /dev/ttyAMA0 /dev/pps0

gpsd:INFO: NTPD ntpshm_link_activate: 1
gpsd:INFO: device /dev/pps0 activated
gpsd:ERROR: PPS ioctl(TIOCMIWAIT) failed: 25 Inappropriate ioctl for device
gpsd:PROG: PPS gpsd_ppsmonitor exited.

Odd, clearly gpsd does not like your /dev/pps0.

Does you pps0 look like this?

    ~ # ls -l /dev/pps0 -l
    crw------- 1 root root 253, 0 Mar  7 11:14 /dev/pps0

I get:

crw-rw---- 1 root root 245, 0 Mar  7 08:48 /dev/pps0

Once again, ppstest has no trouble with it.

--
Jon Brase