gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Is GPSD receiving PPS?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Is GPSD receiving PPS?
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 09:38:54 -0800

Yo Bo!

On Mon, 07 Mar 2016 09:41:13 +0100
Bo Berglund <address@hidden> wrote:

> While reading the build.txt I found that it is recommended to install
> build dependencies, but this happens while doing so:
>
> address@hidden:~/prog/gpsd/3.16 $ sudo apt-get build-dep gpsd
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: You must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list

Don't confuse binary updates (apt) with source updates (scons).  apt-get
knows nothing about your gpsd install since your gpsd is by scons.  So
just skip that step.

To summarize gpsd build.txt:

        tar -xvzf gpsd-3.16.tsr.bz
        cd gpsd
        scons && scons check && sudo scons udev-install

That should be all you need to do, the rest of build.txt is for when
something is missing.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588