gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Issue with Rasbian Jessie

From: David J Taylor
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Issue with Rasbian Jessie
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 19:39:15 -0000

From: Gary E. Miller

I find that no distro gets gpsd auto-start correctly.

I always just put the gpsd start in something like /etc/init.d/local

You are likely using the raspbian flavor of debian and their scripts
have been resistant to our changes.

RGDS
GARY

Gary,

Actually, the auto-start used to work perfectly under Raspbian/Wheezy. It's only failed with the newer Raspbin/Jessie.

I need to prepare notes for non-expert users about how to fix this unwelcome and uncalled
for change.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu