gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] gpxlogger daemon mode is not working?

From: Free.man
Subject: [gpsd-users] gpxlogger daemon mode is not working?
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 19:20:48 +0100

Hi,

I am using Raspbian Jessie with GPSD 3.17-dev manually compiled. The GPS data runs through the serial port.

Everything works fine so far.

I start gpsd and gpxlogger via rc.local at startup and if my GPS chip has a fix on startup the gpxlogger starts logging.

I use the following options:

#Rc.local:

gpsd /dev/ttyAMA0 -F /var/run/gpsd.sock

gpxlogger -d -i 30 -m 5 -f /home/pi/trip_log_`date +"%Y-%m-%d_%H%M%S"`.gpx /dev/ttyAMA0

The idea ist hat if gpxlogger loses the fix for more than 30 seconds it starts a new file… I read it in a forum that that was the way

Its meant to be and of course my understanding of a daemon.

My problem is that it exits without error if it loses the fix.

Of course I need it to be unattended so I cant always check if it is still running.

Any suggestions?

BR