gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] gpspipe crash after more than 20 hours of working.

From: Cuningan Re Set
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gpspipe crash after more than 20 hours of working.
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 14:00:51 +0200

Sorry but maybe my level of english is not sufficient to understand what is the meaning of "My WAG is that you are missing an inverter in the data in?"...

What i have is gpsd connected to /dev/ttyAMA0, and what i want to have is a TCP Socket that send out Raw NMEA data, i know that with gpsctl -n i force gpsd to change the physical gps to NMEA instead of using "uBlox Binary".

But gpsd use JSON to communicate with is clients software, ¿Or there is anyway i can force gpsd to send out NMEA data out?.

The only way i found was #gpsclt -n and #gpspipe -r|nc -lwp 6165

Yo Cuningan!

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 20:59:11 +0200
Cuningan Re Set <address@hidden> wrote:

> And... can you point me on the right direction to find the data i
> must send to the gpsd daemon to make it communicate in NMEA?.

Well, first you need to update to 3.15, then connect data out, then read
the gpsctl man page.  The command will look something like: gpsctl -n
/dev/ttyS0

But unless cat gives you something that looks like Garmin Binary that
will not help.

My WAG is that you are missing an inverter in the data in?

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588