gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD 3.6 and uBlox Neo7M

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD 3.6 and uBlox Neo7M
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 11:27:25 -0700

Yo Cuningan!

On Tue, 8 Sep 2015 20:11:21 +0200
Cuningan Re Set <address@hidden> wrote:

> But, after two days i have good news, i remove the Raspbian gpsd
> install (#apt-get remove gpsd), Raspbian comes with gpsd version 3.6
> ( older version)

Yes, the version on RasPi is known bad.  Upstream will not fix.

As the gpsd doc says:

    "The gpsd package in Debian Wheezy is known to be flakey, be sure to
    update to a new version of gpsd from source."

> Thanks for your help, i have the intention to write a how to compile
> gpsd for the Raspberry Pi from a stock Raspbian distro, i didn't
> found a good tutorial for this, thanks to the build.txt file that
> comes with the sources i managed to build.

I guess you did not look in the INSTALL file?  It has RasPi directions.

After you read the existing doc, feel free to make suggestions.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588