gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Getting Started

From: Ashraf Younis
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Getting Started
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 08:25:28 -0400

Well that will do it. I didn't know there was one.
I open the file and I'm stuck in step one, when it says to use 'stty -F /dev/ttyXXX ispeed 4800 && cat </dev/ttyXXX' which directory should I use the command with?
My device uses the ttyAMC0 port but when I run it a the /home/*username* directory, its says no such file or directory and when I run it a the "/" directory(I used cd .. twice from the former directory) it says the same thing.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 11:09 PM, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
Yo Ashraf!

On Thu, 11 Jun 2015 11:20:03 -0400
Ashraf Younis <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello, I am admittedly new at this system and I have a u-blox 5
> connected to my computer. I am simply trying to start the application
> so that I can record my location. How do I do this?

Have you read the gpsd INSTALL file?

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588