gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Using SPI for GPSD NMEA 0183 protocol

From: Sérgio Medyk
Subject: [gpsd-users] Using SPI for GPSD NMEA 0183 protocol
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 00:35:53 +0200

Hello,

I'm setting up an ublox GPS receiver to be used in a IEEE1588v2 application. The GPS receiver is required to get ToD for phase synchronization purposes. In my system, the GPS receiver is connected via a SPI interface to the host processor. Would the GPSD be able to recognize the GPS receiver via the SPI devices? I see that the GPSD examples are based on USB devices, but what kind of modifications would be expected in the GPSD if SPI is used?

Thank you so much for support,

Sergio