gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Trimble accutime GG

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Trimble accutime GG
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 16:22:31 -0800

Yo Venkatesh!

On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 19:11:02 -0500
Venkatesh Sandilya <address@hidden> wrote:

> I had installed this a while ago. I am not sure I remember why the
> binaries were not placed in the standard path such as /use/bin
> or /user/local/bin.

If you do not do that you run into issues with library versions.  When
you run a binary from the install directory it may use the system
libraries instead of the libraries in the install directory.

> In any case I always went to the directory where
> everything was installed and ran the client programs and since it
> worked fine with the accutime gold, I decided not to mess with it.

Fair enough, not related to the current problem, but worrisome
because it is a non-standard configuration missing standard parts
(like cgps).

> I suppose I should install the new version.

Required if we have patches for you to try.

> Will some of the client
> programs that I wrote still work with the new version or do I rewrite
> them?

The libraries and client protocol have not changed much from 3.9 to
current.  If you used the gpsd libraries then most that you need is
a recompile.

> Should I get rid of the version and do a fresh install or is
> there a quicker way to do it?

Either way we still need to see the debug output of gpsd, for some
reason the TSIP is either not being sent properly or not being
decoded properly.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588