gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Trimble accutime GG

From: Venkatesh Sandilya
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Trimble accutime GG
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 19:11:02 -0500

I had installed this a while ago. I am not sure I remember why the binaries were not placed in the standard path such as /use/bin or /user/local/bin. In any case I always went to the directory where everything was installed and ran the client programs and since it worked fine with the accutime gold, I decided not to mess with it. I suppose I should install the new version. Will some of the client programs that I wrote still work with the new version or do I rewrite them? Should I get rid of the version and do a fresh install or is there a quicker way to do it?

Thanks

On Dec 12, 2014 5:50 PM, "Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> wrote:
Yo Venkatesh!

On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 17:44:08 -0500
Venkatesh Sandilya <address@hidden> wrote:

> I usually run all the client programs by cd'ing to the directory where
> gpsd-3.9 is installed. Should I include that in my $PATH?

Let's back way up, how exactly are you installing gpsd?  Any normal
install whould place the binaries in /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin and
those should always be in your $PATH.

And since we are now questioning your install, why are you not on gpsd
3.11?

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588