gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Trimble accutime GG

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Trimble accutime GG
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 14:38:23 -0800

Yo Venkatesh!

On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 17:32:14 -0500
Venkatesh Sandilya <address@hidden> wrote:

> I tried "./cgps" from the command line but that does not seem to be a
> valid command.  It comes back with an error.

Yup, not valid. Unless you happen to be in the directory cgps was
nstalled in.  Which you should not be.  It should be in your path, thus
a simple "cgps" should start it.

> I start gpsd by just  typing "./gpsd /dev/ttyS0".

Since gpsd should be in your path, the leading ./ is un-needed and
potentially troublesome.  Just be sure gpsd (and cgps) are in your
$PATH.

You also need to add the '-n' to the command line.  Without the -n,
gpsd goes to sleep when there are no clients, then it can take several
minutes, maybe even a good part of an hour, for gpsd to wake up the GPS
and get a good PVT.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588