gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] gpsd needs restart after losing PPS

From: Alexander Carver
Subject: [gpsd-users] gpsd needs restart after losing PPS
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2014 19:32:36 -0700

I started testing gpsd on one of my Linux systems (Debian wheezy) using
the repository packaged gpsd 3.6.  I am having one problem with PPS.  It
usually works fine but if I lose all the satellite signals, the PPS
signal either stops or skews and I receive the message:

gpsd:ERROR: KPPS kernel PPS failed

repeatedly even when the satellite signal comes back.  It seems gpsd
can't recover from this situation and I have to restart it.

I'm working on better antenna placement to hopefully prevent loss of
signal but I did think that there would be a recovery process once the
PPS events started again after reacquisition.

Is this something particular to 3.6 or is it more general?