gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Always Run GPSD on ReadOnly mode

From: Gaël GRIFFON
Subject: [gpsd-users] Always Run GPSD on ReadOnly mode
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 17:48:14 -0000

Hi,

I bought a GPS GlobalSat BU-353-S4.
It seems that the "S4" version of this product does not work properly with GPSD (I also read that on some forums).

With SIRFBinary mode,I regularly lost the FIX, so I get an unstable position.
However, with the NMEA mode, there is no problem.

The problem is that when GPSD starts, it switch automatically in SIRF mode.
I would keep NMEA mode on every boot, but I can not find the way to do this.

Can you help me?

thank you,
____
Gaël GRIFFON