gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Passing metadata through gpsd

From: Roy Barkas
Subject: [gpsd-users] Passing metadata through gpsd
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 13:39:05 +1000

Some time ago Eric said that it is possible to pass metadata through gpsd and have the metadata appear as (I hope) an element of the gpsd json output.

I now need to implement this in order to pass some ais message metadata through to the end user.

The AIS messages that I receive are wrapped in a non-standard format that includes some info that I need to preserve and pass along.

If I was correct that this is possible, how can I do it?  It isn't obvious to me how I should go about packaging the desired metadata and sending it to gpsd so that it comes out the other end.

Cheers;

RoyHB

p.s.:  The split24 functionality that was released with 3.9 works beautifully - thanks for adding it.