gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Binary protocol using

From: Anthony Stirk
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Binary protocol using
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 22:07:22 +0100

Yes pls :) If it could confirm the mode as well that would be really helpful.

Anthony M0UPU

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 9:47 PM, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
Yo Eric!

On Tue, 3 Sep 2013 16:28:45 -0400
"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Maybe this should be added to gpsctl.  Lot's of people want to set
> > the uBlox into stationary mode.  Then you can have gpsctl compute
> > that pesky checksum for you.
>
> It already does.  That's what the control-send method is for; you give
> it a payload, it wraps the load in the right checksum for the selected
> device type and ships it.  This is even documented. :-)

I was thinking of going one step further and putting the payload itself
in gpsctl.  So you could do something like this:

        gpsctl --send stationary-mode

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588