gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] gpsd exits on nmea-sentence with bad syntax

From: Victor Klein
Subject: [gpsd-users] gpsd exits on nmea-sentence with bad syntax
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 15:36:46 +0200

Hi,
The actual version of gpsd on the raspberry pi is 3.6.
This version has the same problem on the raspberry as I reported on the MR3020.

I tried to compile gpsd on the raspberry pi to get a 3.9 , but I got an error when compiling cgps.c.

Many sources were compiled successfull, but then I got the error:
gcc -o cgps.o -c -D_GNU_SOURCE -Wextra -Wall -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wcast-align -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wreturn-type -O2 cgps.c
cgps.c:93:20: fatal error: curses.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
scons: *** [cgps.o] Error 1

With a new try I got this:

address@hidden ~/gpsd $ sudo scons
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Checking if compiler accepts -Wextra ...(cached) yes
Checking if compiler accepts -Wall ...(cached) yes
Checking if compiler accepts -Wno-uninitialized ...(cached) yes
Checking if compiler accepts -Wno-missing-field-initializers ...(cached) yes
Checking if compiler accepts -Wcast-align ...(cached) yes
Checking if compiler accepts -Wmissing-declarations ...(cached) yes
Checking if compiler accepts -Wmissing-prototypes ...(cached) yes
Checking if compiler accepts -Wstrict-prototypes ...(cached) yes
Checking if compiler accepts -Wpointer-arith ...(cached) yes
Checking if compiler accepts -Wreturn-type ...(cached) yes
Checking for chrpath... (cached) yes
Checking whether the C++ compiler works(cached) yes
Checking for ncurses... (cached) no
Checking for ncurses5-config... (cached) yes
Checking for libusb-1.0... (cached) no
Checking for C library librt... (cached) yes
Checking for C library libcap... (cached) no
Checking for bluez... (cached) no
Checking for C header file sys/timepps.h... (cached) no
You do not have kernel PPS available.
Checking for C header file linux/can.h... (cached) yes
You have kernel CANbus available.
Checking for C function daemon()... (cached) yes
Checking for C function strlcpy()... (cached) no
Checking for C function strlcat()... (cached) no
Checking for C function clock_gettime()... (cached) yes
Checking for C function pselect()... (cached) yes
Checking that xsltproc can make man pages... (cached) no
Neither xsltproc nor xmlto found, documentation cannot be built.
Checking for QtNetwork... (cached) no
Altered configuration variables:
bluez = False (default True): BlueZ support for Bluetooth devices
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
gcc -o cgps.o -c -D_GNU_SOURCE -Wextra -Wall -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wcast-align -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wreturn-type -O2 cgps.c
cgps.c:93:20: fatal error: curses.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
scons: *** [cgps.o] Error 1

I do not need cgps for my purpose, maybe a option to throw it out.

I gotb the sources with:  git clone git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/gpsd.git

Regards

Victor