gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GPS data on TCP IP not on /dev/tty

From: Sai Manoj
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GPS data on TCP IP not on /dev/tty
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 01:28:15 -0700 (PDT)

Found the answer at http://gpsd.berlios.de/gpsd.html under section TCP feed.

Sorry for disturbing you.

With all Good wishes,

Sai Manoj Prakhya

From: Sai Manoj <address@hidden>
To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, 25 October 2012 2:41 PM
Subject: GPS data on TCP IP not on /dev/tty

Hi GPSD Users group,

 Small Query!

I understand that gpsd process takes data from physical device port /dev/tty.

But my case is different, I am getting the GPS data in NMEA format over an IP 192.168.0.61 and 10002 port. I can connect to it using telnet 192.168.0.61 10002. I cannot access the server side of it, so cannot run any other process other than to accept the data from TCP IP.

I am wondering if any one of you can tell me how I can get the GPSD to take the data from TCP IP port. I will be using the ROS package which relies on GPSD process.

Thanks and Have a Good Day!

With all Good wishes,

Sai Manoj Prakhya