gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GPS reporting wrong time to SHM

From: Alexander Carver
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GPS reporting wrong time to SHM
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 16:27:50 -0700

On 9/7/2012 16:22, Gary E. Miller wrote:
Yo Alexander!

On Fri, 07 Sep 2012 16:20:03 -0700
Alexander Carver <address@hidden> wrote:

Well, it used to grab the leap second from the 50bps data too.  if
not then something broke.

I'll watch it for a bit in debug mode but I'm not seeing any messages
about the leap second being read from the 50bps data.  It should show
up as a debug message of PROG level with the string SF:4-18 according
to the code.  I'm watching for that now and I'll see if it ever shows
up. I see the five frames do get decoded so it might just be taking a
few cycles.

Remeber that the 50bps is only enabled at high serial speeds, and not
send very freqeuntly.

Right, I have my GPS at 38400 and the messages are enabled. I can see the log event in SiRF Demo and gpsd is decoding most of them. The question is does gpsd see and decode the leap seconds and UTC offset from the 50bps data.