gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GPS fix last to long

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GPS fix last to long
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 15:44:02 -0700

Yo Krzysztof!

On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 14:29:18 +0200
Krzysztof Drobiński <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I'm using ISM420 receiver. GPSD version is 2.95. I was wondering why
> first location reporting by GPSD lasts so long.

That can take up to 30 mins from a cold start.

> Analysis of output from serial interface shows that time to first fix
> is more / less 45s but gpsd reports location after 180s.

Serial or USB connected GPS?  If serial, try settng the port speed
before starting gpsd.  That saves the auto-baud time.

> My question is how gpsd decides when position is ready to report?

When it gets a position, it reports it.  Which is  AFTER it has determined the
proper port speed and GPS type.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588