gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Need help synchronizing ntpd with gpsd

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Need help synchronizing ntpd with gpsd
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 11:17:44 -0700

Yo Dhiraj!

On Mon, 21 May 2012 16:41:35 +0600
Dhiraj Khanna <address@hidden> wrote:

> Gary, tried the forum too but couldn't find a solution. Also tried the
> command that you sent me.....draws a blank.

Well, until you get that to work, stop looking at anything else.

Only three choices here:
        1. your GPS is not on /dev/ttyS0
        2. you mistyped something
        3. your gpsd does not have ntpd support

Where did you get your gpsd binary?
What version is it.

> Incidentally, I am not
> using the PPS signal of the GPS.
> ntp.conf is attached herewith.

I only see one server.  ntpd needs at least three to function properly.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588