gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD 3.5 has shipped

From: Ed W
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD 3.5 has shipped
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 10:28:08 +0100

On 14/04/2012 14:50, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
GPSD 3.5, with the new {PPS} clock drift message, has shipped.

My intention is for 3.6 to be a short-cycle release, shipping just in
time for the next Debian freeze.

The major planned new feature is NMEA2000 support.  I may also try to
write a client binding in go.

Would you be willing to accept patches to take a very large amount of NMEA 0183 sentences and decode them so they are emitted as json? I'm thinking of something like the coverage from OpenCPN which decodes quite a substantial number of sentences for wind speed, heading, depth, etc?

I'm not sure that I yet understand how NMEA2K will fit into all of this - do you have some sketch outlines of what you are looking at? What kind of interface hardware? Quite interested to see how this progresses!!

Cheers

Ed W