gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] gpsd: unable to connect to the DBUS system bus

From: Gomer Pyle
Subject: [gpsd-users] gpsd: unable to connect to the DBUS system bus
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 10:04:02 -0400

(Sorry if this has been addressed before, mailing list archives stop at 2011-10)

I am trying to run gpsd on an alix board running voyage linux (debian
squeeze). It appears that there is something amiss with DBUS. Is this
a known issue?

gpsd -N -D3 -F /var/run/gpsd.sock
gpsd: launching (Version 2.95)
gpsd: listening on port gpsd
gpsd: unable to connect to the DBUS system bus
gpsd: running with effective group ID 0
gpsd: running with effective user ID 0

gpsmon has no trouble reading from the unit at all.

Thanks!

You're just a microscopic cog in our catastrophic plan ...