gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Baud rate of 230400

From: Tomalak Geret'kal
Subject: [gpsd-users] Baud rate of 230400
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 14:06:13 +0000

Guys

I've done a fair bit of gpsd hacking in the past, adding support for proprietary NMEA sentences and the like. Nothing that warrants pushing to the actual repository, and I'd still be nervous doing that anyway.

Anyway, today I needed to point gpsd at a receiver that requires 230400 baud because of the sheer quantity of additional data it's pumping out. Alas, 3.4 can only auto-detect up to 115200, and passing the `-b` flag doesn't appear to stop it from doing this.

I find that I can modify serial.c to add support for 230400 baud (gpsd_get_speed and gpsd_set_speed) and things seem to work; our termios.h(3) *does* have the constant B230400. Also, files like fake.py already seem to support it.

My question is whether there's a reason gpsd only goes up to 115200. Is termios.h's support of B230400 not as commonplace as I thought? Would a patch for adding 230400 baud support be welcomed?

Regards
Tom