gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] gpsd website move

From: Tomalak Geret'kal
Subject: [gpsd-users] gpsd website move
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 11:51:35 +0000

Guys

gpsd.berlios.de *still* ranks the highest on Google when searching for "gpsd". Since it allegedly officially shut down at the end of last year, I see this as a potential problem.

Should the old site not respond with 301 "Moved Permanently" now, rather than the human-readable statement? Information about the site move can be provided prominently on the new site that the user will end up on, and hopefully this will help to fix search results (I believe?)

Regards
Tom