gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Help with extracting time information from GPS to NTPD

From: Jordan
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Help with extracting time information from GPS to NTPD
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 19:38:11 -0800

Thanks!  I downloaded the ntp source and recompiled from scratch with the
SHM driver.  NTPD can now see the GPS time and is syncing to it.  Now I'm
noticing another issue where the reported time from the GPS is ~24 seconds
ahead of the public time servers.  I did a quick google search and saw this
matches up with Loran-C time vs UTC.  Is it possible the GPS is reporting in
Loran-C time?  If so, can I compensate for this in NTPD?