gpsd-dev

Re: Maybe it is not as dire as I thought....

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Maybe it is not as dire as I thought....
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 13:37:11 -0700

Yo Bart!

On Mon, 19 Jun 2023 15:35:14 -0400
Bart Nielsen <bart.nielsen@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1.  I’ve got gpsd running on a 32 bit system.  I’m frustrated that I
> don’t have the whole package, but haven’t felt that I knew whom to
> ask.  It ‘kinda/sorta works’, but I end up fighting with the whole
> system.

I have gpsd on a dozen arm and arm46 (aarch64) system.  No problems.

> 2.  Apparently I can not copy gpsd from a 32 bit system to run on a
> 64 bit system.

Yeah.  Different syscalls.  It can be done, Gentoo Multiplib allows it,
but you need to duplicate all your /usr/lib/*so files.

>       I’m seeing about what I would expect from cgps.

Good.  Why not just compile natively?  I find cros-builsing to be a
PITA.

>       I’d love to have the rest of the tools, but matplotlib isn’t
> installed, so I don’t get all of the guis that I’d like.

So why not install matplotlib?  Well, I know why, it is really slow, so
best to run gpsd on the host with the GNSS receiver and run the clients
remotely.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588