gpsd-dev

Re: ✘gpsd .23.2~rc1

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: ✘gpsd .23.2~rc1
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2022 22:23:17 -0700

gem@rellim.com said:
> Can I just delete gpsmon?  It is a PITA,  it has not been touched in ages.
> What a crazy way to juse setjmp()/longjump()...

Your project.  You can do whatever you want.

I find it handy when debugging stuff and as a convenient way to switch between
NMEA and whatever binary mode the device supports.  What do you use?

--------

> Line 160 is inside #ifdef _GNU_SOURCE", so strerror_r() should be returning a
> "const char *".

> What libc are you using??  Why do you have _GNU_SOURCE set but not using
> glibc?

It's an up to date Alpine Linux which uses musl.  I keep a copy around to help
uncover problems like this.  I'm pretty sure previous versions of gpsd built
without errors on this system.

/usr/lib/libc.so -> ../../lib/ld-musl-x86_64.so.1

_GNU_SOURCE is set in gpsd_config.h

SConscript says:
    if config.env['target_platform'].startswith('linux'):
        # for strnlen() and struct ifreq
        # glibc before 2.10, deprecated in 2.10+
        confdefs.append('#if !defined(_GNU_SOURCE)')
        confdefs.append('#define _GNU_SOURCE 1')
        confdefs.append('#endif\n')

----------

>  Rounding error:
> - "altHAE":26.1200,
> + "altHAE":26.1199,
> printf() is supposed to round for us.  So another glitch in your libc.

Different system than above.

This happens on 32 bit Debian and 32 bit NetBSD.

gcc (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 -> libc-2.31.so

gcc (nb4 20200810) 7.5.0
/lib/libc.so.12 -> libc.so.12.213

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.