gpsd-dev

Re: Unexpected logging from gpsd

From: Mick Durkin
Subject: Re: Unexpected logging from gpsd
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 15:45:58 +0100

Hi Greg,

I looked at /etc/rsyslog.conf and there was nothing set for debug severity.

I created an entry thus:-

# Log debug stuff
*.debug                                                 /var/log/debug

Now this log is getting all the gpsd messages about KPPS and PPS. That still
leaves me unclear why gpsd is outputting debug data all the time.
When we want debugging to be active we specify the level with the -D n option
at startup. This output is only coming from the ppsthread code within gpsd,
so why would that code be different?

BR

Mick Durkin