gpsd-dev

Re: Is libusb required?

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: Is libusb required?
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 14:47:15 -0400

"Gary E. Miller" <gem@rellim.com> writes:

> Does any BSD have a Garmin USB driver?  Garmin USB is not compatible
> with any other driver.

I am not aware of any BSD that has a driver for Garmin USB.  I would
expect that this is these days done in userspace via libusb over ugen.

I do have an Etrex 30, but I have always just used it in mass storage
mode to pull tracks.  I should try gpsd with it and see if I can put it
in some mode to get live nmea, some day.  Right now when I plug it in I
get a umass controller and two disks (internal and uSD).