gpsd-dev

Re: ✘gpscsv

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ✘gpscsv
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 11:21:16 -0700

Yo Andreas!

On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 11:57:27 +0200
Andreas B <panden@gmail.com> wrote:

> Gary, this is great. Going to play around with it. Thanks for the info
> and mini tutorials in the previous mails as well.

Thanks, now is the time to play with it before it gets calcified.

> Two things;
> It's called gpscsv (..), but would it be possible to enable the user
> to select a different field delimiter?

Anything is possible.  Care to try to patch it yourself?

I'm guessing the patch would be under 10 lines.

> The field delimiter is output also after the last value (see below),
> any way to suppress this?

Of course, but I was too lazy.  The fun stuff pulled me on past the nits.
And the not even started stuff, like the man page...

Keep the ideas coming, this is more fun than helping newbies.  :-)

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588