gpsd-dev

Re: gpsprof: higher resolution

From: John Ackermann N8UR
Subject: Re: gpsprof: higher resolution
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 17:13:16 -0400

On 8/16/20 5:08 PM, Gary E. Miller wrote:

Testing zero baseline RTK seems to me not useful in the real world.

Yeah, I've pretty much come to that conclusion. I moved the F9P to another antenna (cheap Chinese L1/L2/L5 mounted about 4 feet away from the other one but seem (so far) only able to get an RTK float solution. As you say, it may just be a bad GPS day.

I discovered that the Ohio DOT reference station network is available for public use, but requires a login. I've requested one and that should make for a nice testbed as they have a ref station about 4 km from me.

BTW, any ideas on where to tweak gpsprof to work better with mm scaling?

Thanks,
John