gpsd-dev

Re: ✘gpsd release coming

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: ✘gpsd release coming
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 15:18:04 -0400

I have just tested livetested gpsd on NetBSD 8 amd64 as of the following
commit:

  commit d3800a04000c9e94f93262505083743b3280548a (HEAD -> master,
origin/master, origin/HEAD)
  Author: Greg Troxel <gdt@lexort.com>
  Date:   Fri Jul 31 08:53:43 2020 -0400

via making a tarball with scons dist, using that to build a binary
package with pkgsrc, installing that package, running the resulting gpsd
with a ublox 8, verified that it gets position, shows satellite location
and status with xgps, and passes (non-PPS) time to ntpd.  I also checked
ubxtool querying things.

So I'm ok with releasing the above sha1 as 3.21, modulo changing the
version.  Everything looks good to me.

If there are more substantive changes, I'd like up to a day or two to
test, but will try to be faster than that.  (Testing will only take part
of an hour of elapsed time and < 10 min of brain time, assuming no
trouble.)

Is anybody but Gary and me testing this at all?