gpsd-dev

[no subject]

From: артур хайруллин
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2020 21:49:00 +0300

>> but i can’t understand. My logs have  Thu, Jun  4 2020 14:00 — 14.30
>> events. But ntpd eats logs and output real time 19:10.

> Good thing too. ntpd prevented you from setting a bad system time from
> bad imput. How to break ntpd is better asked on an NTP list. But for
> starters, by default ntpd wants 3 sources to agree before changing the
> system time. Also by default nptd only makes large changes to system
> time on startup. Both good things to prevent user from shooting
> themselves in the foot.

But i make this experiment because my system had time jumps in case of wrong ntpd input from gps receiver

I emulate this situation, i have logs with old data and when i try to write them ntp reacts not as i expect. Is it a good thing? Why ntpd reads old data from SHM but processes it like nothing have happened, updates offset(offset is very small but difference between system time and server(SHM) time is large). How is it possible? or i don’t understand the logic at all ….

--
артур хайруллин